ShapeListand internal methods.
ShapeList.as_imagecoordno longer accepts a
asropy.wcs.WCSobject. The conversion from pixel to image coordinates depends on the center of the image defined in
astropy.io.fits.Headerin order to agree with DS9.
RegionParser.sky_to_imagenow calls its first parameter
convert_to_imagecoordchanged signature with the switch to Astropy and takes a
convert_physical_to_imagecoordchanged signature to accept a
- All public methods and constants removed. They are replaced by Astropy, or replaced by private methods.
Other Changes and Additions¶
- Astropy is used for all sky to image coordinate conversions. Science results may change, as SIP and distortion paper corrections are now used if present in the FITS file.
- Headers with more then 2 axes are now supported; only the celestial axes are used.
- Rotation angles are measured from the Y-axis instead of the X-axis, in order
to agree with DS9 and potentially other astronomy software. This is a change
from previous behavior, but only affects images with non-orthogonal axes.
Previously, this behavior was controlled by the
- Astropy 1.0 is now required.
- Parser supports hex color in attributes
1.2 (Aug 11, 2016)¶
- The changelog for this release is incomplete.
- We’ll start collecting a complete changelog starting after this release.
- This release brings major changes to the code, docs and test setup, the package was converted to an Astropy affiliated package.
- There are only a few bugfixes and there should be no changes that break scripts or change results for pyregion users.